Monday 8 June 2015

'Get to Know Me' Tag

I've been tagged by the lovely Fiona from Cruelty Free Malta (make sure to check out her blog) to answer 15 questions about myself so that everyone could get to know me a bit better. I thought it would be a nice idea to do this so you guys can know a little bit more about me! I think the more personal you get with your readers, the better :)



Here we go . . . 

      1. How did you get your blog name?
I don’t really know. It’s funny because I came up with it but I have no idea what made me choose it. It doesn't really relate to what I write on the blog. I am a wine lover ( I think it’s one of the few alcoholic drinks I do enjoy drinking) so that might be one of the reasons and also on girls’ nights while having a glass of wine, we all discuss anything along the lines of beauty, fashion and lifestyle. I had 6 names and thought this one would be a fun one to remember because who doesn't love a good glass of wine?

      2. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why?
I do love my name cause I’d like to think that it’s quite unique but at the same I do detest it a bit as most people don’t pronounce it well and that irritates me. If I had to choose a name.. well it would be either Serena or Luna. Serena because I like the sound of it and it means clear, tranquil, and serene and that is what I always try to be (although it’s harder said than done). In some languages it also means 'mermaid' and I love mermaids. It’s also similar to Selene who in Greek Mythology is the goddess of the moon which brings me to name Luna. Luna is the Roman equivalent to Selene and it means the moon and as I think you would've guessed by now, I'm fascinated by the moon.

3. If you could go back in time and give your younger self advice, what would it be and why?
I'm 17 so there’s not much to go back to but if I could go back in time and give advice to my younger self it would be SPEAK UP. Stop being so damn shy as it will keep you from doing a lot of things in the future. Being shy will get you nowhere. And don’t be afraid to ask for help. This is something I personally really struggled with, and still do, sometimes. And another thing, don't try to change people. People will disappoint you and make you feel inferior but take that as a learning experience. Never let people decrease your value. So that would be it I think. 

4. How old were you when you first learned to blow a bubblegum bubble?
Umm.. I don’t really know. I don’t even remember so I can take a guess by saying before I turned 10 maybe? I'm not a pro though! 

5. What did you want to be when you were little?
A lawyer! A that is still what I would like to become *fingers crossed*

6. What's the hardest you ever laughed?
I don’t know. I’m not really one to laugh much (most probably because I won’t get the joke) but anyway, if I had to really answer, it would be because of some smart remark mum makes. 

7. If you could play any musical instrument, which would it be and why?
The piano because when I was little I've always wanted to learn how to play it. And I love listening to piano pieces; they calm me down. 

8. What's your favorite thing to do when your upset?
Curl up in a ball, cry, eat and watch episodes and not move from my bed.

9. What's your favourite movie?
This is a hard one. I don’t have a favourite movie! But I do love Legally Blonde. The last movie I watched was The Age of Adaline and it was superb. Mr. and Mrs. Smith would also make the list.

10. What's one food you cannot live without?
Fries! I do love fries!

11. What's your favourite dessert?
Baileys or Coffee Cheesecake.

12. Favorite pizza topping?
Easy one – chicken and pineapple!

13. Would you rather have the superpower to read minds, or the superpower to be invisible?
I would want to read minds! It helps to know when people are lying or not telling me something.

14. What did you do for your last birthday?
Dinner with my parents. I don’t really do much on my birthday, after all it’s just another day on the calendar.

15. If you had one personal "selfish" wish, what would it be and why?
Unlimited wishes maybe? I'm kinda greedy I know! Well if I had one personal ‘’selfish’’ wish it would be that I would be happy. And by that I mean that my family remains healthy, have my own family – a loving husband and kids and to be successful.

I think that’s the end of it!

If anyone has any questions, I’d be more than happy to answer!


-T

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe we're so alike!! Love your writing btw!Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike Martina! ;) And thankyou so much! I truly appreciate it x x x

    ReplyDelete