Friday 19 June 2015

Late Night Baking | Nutella Stuffed Cookies


Recently, I was going through one my favourite blogs called I Covet Thee written by the lovely Alix Coburn and I came across a recipe she did last Easter. It was late in the evening around 9.00pm and for me when it comes to baking, I either do it in the afternoon when the house is quiet or late in the evening – what can I say, I'm a night owl! This recipe is super easy, fun to do and the most important part - there is chocolate involved, so I thought I would give it a try. After all they’re Nutella stuffed cookies.. who wouldn't want to try them?




As I already said, it’s a an easy recipe; it’s pretty much  a case of throwing everything together in a bowl and mixing everything either by hand or using a mixer (I suggest the latter if you don’t have good arm muscle or you’re sure your hand will get tired of mixing after a few minutes).  After everything is mixed together, you just create something in the form of a parcel, add as much Nutella as you like in the centre and roll it into a ball, pressing it a tiny bit. Put all the cookies on a baking tray leaving space between each cookie as they will grow (you can add a baking sheet if you want underneath), and bake for 10-15mins at 180°c (Gas Mark 4).


INGREDIENTS:

220g Unsalted Butter
3/4 cup Soft Brown Sugar
1 cup White Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 1/2 cups Plain Flour
1 pinch of Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
6 - 10 scoops of Nutella

Happy baking! And indulge away ;)

Let me know how yours turn out if you decide to try them!


-T

No comments:

Post a Comment