Tuesday 2 June 2015

Empties | Beauty Products I've Used Up

So I’ve used up a few things over the past few months. This is so weird as I usually never finish up a product because I always tend to look for new products and then end up gravitating more towards the new product than the old one. But now I’m changing my way of doing things as I’m trying to finish up my products before buying new ones as for some odd reason it gives me a real sense of achievement. I love trying out new products – some people might stick to the same regimen but I on the other hand am always on the lookout for new products as I haven’t found the most effective skin care and hair care routines. Once I’ll have a fixed regimen (don’t hold your breath as I think there still is a long way to go until that day arrives) I’ll make sure to upload a new post about it.

So now onto my beauty product empties.
   
      1. The  Environ B-Active Sebuwash
This cleanser is suitable for all skin types but was designed especially for oily, acne prone skin. It is a mild gel cleanser with a low foaming activity. Containing Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil & Soy Protein it is mildly exfoliating and antiseptic. It helps to hydrate the skin and maintain a natural waterproof barrier. My personal take on this product is that I haven’t noticed any drastic changes in my skin while using this so I won’t repurchase it. This does not mean that it won’t make a difference on your skin so I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

If I'm not mistaken this product retails for about 16.

      2. La Roche-Posay Respectissime Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover
This one is a winner. Like most waterproof eye make-up removers, this is a bi-phase formula, so you need to shake the bottle to mix the two liquids before applying on your eyes with a cotton pad. It effortlessly removes my eye make-up without irritating my eyes, and whilst it leaves an oily residue, this will be completely removed once you wash your face. It is fragrance-free and paraben-free.

It retails for about 13 and of course it’s a definite repurchase – I'm already half way through a second bottle.

      3. La Roche-Posay – Effeclar H
Another winner from La Roche-Posay! The Efflacar H is a multi-compensating soothing moisturizer which works really quickly to help rebuild the skin’s protective barrier and make the skin feel supple and plump without leaving any thick residue behind. Now, having acne prone skin, which is oily and prone to irritation and redness I was a little hesitant at first as it looks creamy and thought it would leave my face looking all shiny (and I definitely wouldn’t want to attract attention to my face looking all gross) but after giving it a try, I found out that it is easily absorbed by the skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth while it soothes and hydrates well. Anyway, the bottom line is; I would definitely recommend this!

This retails for 10.90 which is super cheap and does an excellent job. A definite repurchase.

      4. Biodroga Puran Formula 24 Hour Care for Impure Skin (Oily/Combination)
This is a light skin care creme that soothes skin suffering from blotches and irritating processes and helps normalize excess sebum accumulation. Existing skin impurities are cleared up, and the special ingredients help protect against environmental damage. The skin is supplied with moisture and takes on a fresh, smooth look. The matting effect prevents unsightly oily sheen. The texture of this mousturizer is quite watery yet a little bit creamy (almost like milk) and when applied to the face it leaves the skin feeling all hydrated and plump. I loved using it and would repurchase it again therefore I would definitely recommend it.

This was part 1 of the beauty empties. Part 2 will consist of hair product empties. Post will be up soon. Hope you enjoyed this one! 

Let me know in the comments section below your take on these products or if you have any recommendations – I would love to hear from you!


-T

No comments:

Post a Comment