Saturday 11 August 2018

Review: Ziaja Manuka Tree Purifying Range


I’m finally back! And yes, this time I’m back for good so expect more frequent content! Third year at University was so hectic that I had to take a step back from blogging to focus on my studies. And then work got in the way so I still didn’t have time to organise my thoughts, produce content, shoot and write. But now, finally, I can announce that I’ll be graduating this November (which is super exciting!) and things have calmed down at work so I’m super glad to be back – writing for you who stuck by me during this one hell of a hiatus!

So let’s get to it, shall we?

A while ago, I was generously given a set of skincare products by Beauty Care Malta to try out and review for you lovelies. Since I’ve had them for quite a while (read: months), I tested them out and had time to see results so I’m now fully able to give you my true and honest opinions about them.
Ziaja is not a brand we’re familiar with in Malta, especially since it’s a Polish manufacturer of pharmaceuticals imported by a new company in Malta. After testing them for a while, the products seemed to work quite well for my combination, acne-prone skin. Let’s get on with the review:


Manuka Tree Purifying Normalising Cleansing Gel: 
In the beginning, I used to use this cleansing gel everyday however, after a while I noticed that it was drying me out quite a bit. So now, I use this cleansing gel 3 times a week, and on the days I don’t use it I use something gentler. It is soap-free so it makes it less irritating, especially for those of you who suffer with sensitive skin and overall I find that it cleanses my skin and prepares it for the next step quite well.

Manuka Tree Purifying Deeply Cleansing Peeling Paste:
Unfortunately, I have a love/hate relationship with this product due to the fact that I find it too abrasive. Skin types change over time, as did mine, and my skin type although earlier I said that it is combination and acne-prone, it is also quite dehydrated so the abrasive granules in this peeling paste scrub my skin way too hard.

Manuka Tree Purifying Astringent Face Toner: 
This face toner is amazing! I love using it after I cleanse and tone my face, as it gives it a cooling and soothing effect. It contains organic acids which gently exfoliate the skin, soothe acne lesions and reduced dilated pores.

Manuka Tree Purifying Normalising Day Cream (SPF 10):
As a normalising day cream, this product moisturises my skin without leaving it shiny as it provides a slight mattifying effect. It is also supposed to reduce blackheads and skin imperfections however, on my skin, it didn’t work out as well as I hoped.  Although it contains SPF 10, I would recommend that you use a stronger SPF on top of it since it only contains a low level of protection.

Manuka Tree Purifying Gently Exfoliating Night Cream with Almond Acid:
This product smells amazing! Not that the others don’t, but this one smells even better. Three times a week, I like to conclude my skin care routine with this product as I find that it helps dry out any spots I have. However, I also found that if I used it every day, it was making my skin way too dry so I tried to limit use to three times a week. I also like the fact that it moisturises and brightens my complexion which I definitely like in a product.


That’s it, lovelies! Hope you enjoyed reading my first blog post since I returned! Let me know if there are any products you’d like me to review or any topics you’d like me to talk about!

Happy Saturday!
Love, Thereseanne


No comments:

Post a Comment